Mobile Smart Pro v1.3.14 is compatible with Google Webmasters and Google indexing rules to prevent duplicate content or SEO cloaking. Note: The mobile version of the site is marked as rel=”alternate”, the desktop version of the site is marked as rel=”content”, when you have mobile domain switching set.
The plugin also sends the HTTP Vary: User Agent header by default (option to disable) which is recommended by Google as best practice to inform the Googlebot-mobile to perform a second crawl as a mobile device. Note that this tends not to work well with caching plugins.
Mobile Smart Pro v1.3.14 – Mobile Switcher, Mobile-Specific Content, Menus Changelog:
- Mobile Device Detection: high quality mobile device detection
- Theme Switching: switch to a mobile theme of your choice when a mobile device views your site
- Footer Switcher: allow user to switch between mobile and desktop version (template tag or widget)
- Tablet Mode: enable/disable switch for tablets such as the iPad and Android tablets.
- plus developer features like template tags to allow developer to customise your theme to different devices, and a boilerplate ‘unstyled’ theme.
- CSS classes to enable you to style based on the tier of device, e.g. tier-iphone, tier-tablet. Support responsive design with user-agent detected CSS.